At BearNecessities Daycare we care for 97 children between the ages of 6months and 5 years.
The numbers and ages of children admitted to the nursery comply with the legal space requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We take the following matters into account when prioritising and deciding on admissions:
- Availability of places, taking into account the staff: child ratios, the age of the child and any registration requirements
- Children who have siblings who are already with us
- When the application is received (extra weight is given to those who have been on the waiting list the longest)
- The nursery’s ability to provide the facilities necessary for the welfare of the child, including appropriate staffing arrangements
- A child requiring a full-time place may have preference over one requiring a part-time place. This is dependent upon work commitments, occupancy and room availability
- Any extenuating circumstances affecting the child's welfare or the welfare of his/her family.
We operate an inclusion and equality policy and ensure that all children have access to nursery places and services irrespective of their gender, race, disability, religion or belief or sexual orientation of parents.
Prior to a child attending nursery, parents must complete and sign a contract and registration form. These forms provide the nursery with personal details relating to the child. For example, name, date of birth, address, emergency contact details, parental responsibilities, dietary requirements, collection arrangements, fees and sessions, contact details for parents, doctor’s contact details, health visitor contact details, allergies, parental consent and vaccinations etc.
Providers eligible to provide government funded places for early education
All settings registered to accept government funding (detailed in the code of practice) must offer 15 hours free places for two/three to five year olds for early learning sessions specified by the local authority. We take 15hours off your weekly fee for 38 weeks the remaining 14 weeks fees are charged at full rate.